Re: pci bus 1

From: Junjiro Okajima (j-okajim@nskli014.nsk.nis.nec.co.jp)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 23:39:03 EST

Hello Tigran and thank you for your reply.

> I suspect you are joking because, of course, Linux PCI subsystem goes

My English may look silly or funny for you, but I am serious.

> recursively scanning all PCI buses. If you look at the way, e.g.
> pcibios_allocate_bus_resources() calls itself recursively for all its
> "children", you will understand what's going on.

I can understand the point you menthioned. And pci_do_scan_bus() and
pci_scan_bridge() call each other recursively. But I guess there is
another bus that is not reachable from bus 0. I don't know the detail
of pci that is the reason to write this mail. I hope the pci guru
maintainer reply and solve the problem in peace before 2.4 will
release.

> If Linux was limited to one PCI bus it wouldn't have become the #1
> enterprise level general purpose operating system.

I agree.
So I hope the machines worked well under the kernel 2.2 will keep
running well under the 2.4. The pc who has this problem can work well
and find the bus 1 under the 2.2 correctly.

thank you.
Junjiro Okajima