Instruction Cache Alias and the 405 and cache flushing

From: Ralph Blach (rcblach@raleigh.ibm.com)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 08:18:13 EST

In my last append to this forum, I ask if Linux would map differnet
virtual address to the same real address. The 405gp,
with a 16k instruction cache and a way size of 8k, This means that
there same real address could be in two places in the instruction
cache.

How would the functions, flush_cache_all(), flush_cache_mm(mm),
flush_cache_range(mm, a, b), and flush_cache_page(vma, p) ,
which are referenced in pgtable.h be used to flush the instruction cache
an
prevent unwanted alias from being executed. In general, for what are
these functions
used?

Thanks

Chip Blach