Raid Autodetect && 2.2.14

From: Michael Richardson (mcr@solidum.com)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 07:00:54 EST

  My impression after trying to move a RH 6.1 system to 2.2.14 via
rebuilding a kernel from scratch is that RH's 2.2.12 has the Raid Autodetect
code in it, but it isn't in the stock distribution. Can someone confirm this?

  Have they contributed the code somewhere? I rather wish we had used
another distribution for this server, but our admin is most familliar with
RH.

  While poking around, we were trying to mount the initrd again. Should
this be possible? Is there anyway that the initrd can be told to hang around
after boot so that one can diagnose what is really in that rd?

   :!mcr!: | Solidum Systems Corporation, http://www.solidum.com
   Michael Richardson |For a better connected world,where data flows faster<tm>
 Personal: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html
        mailto:mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca mailto:mcr@solidum.com