Re: Music CD's

From: Mark H. Wood (mwood@IUPUI.Edu)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 12:35:29 EST

On Sun, 2 Apr 2000, Richard Gooch wrote:

> Alan Cox writes:
> > > I am using pre3 and have noticed (problem also existed in other kernel's)
> > > that I can't mount regular music CDrom's. I can't do this with either
> > > iso9660 or UDF. The error messages I get are below:
> >
> > Audio CD roms dont contain a file system.
>
> Actually, some do :-) I've played with a music CD that also had an
> ISO9660 FS.

Yes, indeedy. Look no further than the DEC _CDROM Explorer_ volume, which
has about ten tracks of advertising audio, plus an ISO filesystem, *plus*
an ODS-II filesystem. I think there's an HFS filesystem in there too. I
know from personal experience that it mounts on VMS, DOS, and my audio CD
player.

"Where's the kaboom?  There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering kaboom!"
	 -- Marvin Martian, 01/01/2000 00:00:00