Re: iptables: Masquerading problems in 2.3.99pre3

From: Trever Adams (trever_Adams@bigfoot.com)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 10:25:44 EST

Rusty Russell wrote:
> Do you still have ipchains commands running when the interface comes
> up? If the iptables and ipchains modules are loaded at the same time,
> *anything* could happen.
>
> It'd be nice to make them exclusive of each other, but there's not a
> good way I can think of to do this...
>
> Rusty.
> --
> Hacking time.

Ah, yes, I forgot, I am running my old cipe start up script which calls
the ipchains utility, but I do NOT have the ipchains module loaded. I
just need to copy over my testing scripts as they worked so I don't call
ipchains anymore. Again, no ipchains module, just the utility running.
It used to not crash but somewhere in the 2.3.99 series it started to.

Trever

--
For the finest in family and value oriented products:
http://www.daysofyore.com