pre4-3: April Fool's Joke?

From: Trever Adams (trever_Adams@bigfoot.com)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 07:17:26 EST

I just had at least two corruption problems:
I have a script called /root/trimlinux. It removes the other
architectures, makes mrproper, etc. It disappeared the second I botted
pre4-3... it never came back. At that time a
/root/L1212somethingsomething.html empty directory appeared.

Symlynks don't work (/usr/src/linux to /usr/src/linux-2.3.99pre3 for
example)... cd /usr/linux didn't work ls -lR /usr/src/linux/Doc<tab> did
(both the listing and bash autocomplete).

XF86 4.0 fails to start complaining about connection reset by peer.

Was pre4-3 any better or should I just go back to pre3?

Trever

--
For the finest in family and value oriented products:
http://www.daysofyore.com