2.3 bug

From: Brad Proctor (fredlie@sprynet.com)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 02:27:49 EST

I found a bug in the 2.3 kernels. It happens when I get online using
pppd, then
start X. X hangs with a black screen after it has taken over then
keyboard, and before the checkered screen with the X shaped mouse
cursor. If I start X, then get online, everything is fine. I've been
able to trace this bug back to 2.3.30. 2.3.20 seems to work ok. I
couldn't get 2.3.21-29 to work.

Also, it only happens when I'm using pppd with the modem. I have a
little network between two computers using a serial cable and I have no
problems when using pppd for this.

Info...

Modem: Zoom 28.8k
Dist: Redhatish, sorta