Re: Bad IRQ Conflicts on Laptop (2.3.99-p4-2)

From: Martin Mares (mj@suse.cz)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 08:04:40 EST

Hello!

> I'm having problems with IRQ allocation. It seems that every device is
> being allocated with IRQ 9 including both of my PCMCIA slots and
> video/sound/modem/firewire/usb. The BIOS seems to incorrectly map both
> my PCMCIA slots to IRQ 255 which Linux then remaps to IRQ 9.

   As the kernel prints, the BIOS assigns IRQ9 to all of these devices
and lists the IRQ in the interrupt routing table as the only possibility.

> I run into problems because my sound card won't work properly when on
> the same IRQ as my CardBus ethernet controller.

   What exactly happens? All PCI drivers must support IRQ sharing and
if they don't, it's their bug which should be fixed.

                                Have a nice fortnight

--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@ucw.cz> <mj@suse.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
"P.C.M.C.I.A. stands for `People Can't Memorize Computer Industry Acronyms'"