Re: Source code for Linux XFS now available!

From: James Simmons (jsimmons@acsu.buffalo.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 08:45:44 EST

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> > A complete linux 2.3.99pre2 tree including the XFS filesystem is available for
> > cvs checkout.
>
> Could you please put a patch on your ftp server? Many people here in europe have only slow
> and expensive 56k or 64k lines. I can download reiserfs, ext3, jfs and linlogfs either as patch or
> as tarball of the new files, why can't you do this, too?

Please do :(

> > Integration with Volume Managers
>
> We have a lvm in linux. It's simply a block device for the fs, seems very
> easy ;)

Fro what I could tell of the XFS code its doesn't use any parts of linux
VFS layer. It looks like to will have to be slowly intergrated to it.

"Look it's a text editor, no it's a OS, no it's Emacs"
James Simmons ____/|
fbdev/gfx developer \ o.O|
http://www.linux-fbdev.org =(_)=
http://linuxgfx.sourceforge.net U