Re: Linux 2.3.99pre3-ac1

From: Arjan van de Ven (arjan@fenrus.demon.nl)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 14:03:24 EST

Hi,

You wrote:
> I hadn't planned to release this but since I have people who need to stay
> in sync with me for debugging I might as well release it to all.

Did I miss something, or isn't it at the ftp.*.kernel.org mirrors?

Oh, I also put a diff between my tree and the pre3 up. The diff contains
only compile-fixes and is 430Kb in size (gziped 82Kb). It is available from
http://www.fenrus.demon.nl/kernel/patch-2.3.99pre3-av1.gz

It contains a lot of small compilation fixes, so if anyone has problems
compiling 2.3.99pre3, give this patch a try...

It also fixes the folling items from the ToDo list:
- Fix the nameclash between cramfs and PPP about ZLib by renaming the
  clashing symbols in cramfs
- Removes SGI Visual workstation (doesn't compile, doesn't work and is not
   maintained or even slightly supported by SGI)

> Don't bug Linus with bugs about -ac1 unless they are also in 2.3.99pre3 itself
> Im sure he doesn't want to know.

Same for my patch :-)

Greetings,
   Arjan van de Ven