Re: Using a Creative DVD-RAM RAM1216S drive under Linux kernel 2.2

From: Charles C. H. Jui (jui@cosmic.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 13:29:11 EST

> I applied your patch, but it actually made things worse. Running 2.2.14, I
> couldn't write to the drive at all. Running 2.2.15pre15, I could mkreiserfs,
> or mkfs.ext2, but couldn't write any data. The scsi bus would disconnect
> itself.

Can you please send me an excerpt of your /var/log/message file containing
(a) the boot-time messages showing the recognition of the drive as an
optical
device and the parition check for "sda" (or which ever drive letter is
assigned)...
(b) the error/log message entries made during your attempt to write

Also:

(1) Is the drivers/scsi/sd.c patch the only patch you applied to a clean
version of the kernel downloaded from www.kernel.org?

(2) Can you send me a transcript of a session of your attempt to write to
the drive...

(3) Can you send me your .config file (in /usr/src/linux) used to build
kernel 2.2.14?

Cheers!

Charlie Jui