Confusion on exported kernel symbols....

From: Keith Schincke (kschin@unf.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 09:25:37 EST

---I only read the linux-digest so copy my personally on any responces--

I am writing a kernel module that needs to access some of the internel
kernel structures specifically proc_root_* in a 2.2.14 kernel. For
example if I do the following in my code

extern struct proc_dir_entry *proc_root_modules;

the module compiles. But when I start to use the pointer, I get unresloved
symbol warnings when I try to insmod the module.

The symbol is listed in the /System.map but not /proc/ksyms.

My question is am I trying to reference this wrong or are the symbols in
/proc/ksysm the only ones my module has access to?

Keith

--
Keith Schincke         I still have hair on my forehead,
Jacksonville, Fl         eyebrows count don't they.

Force yourself to relax.