Re: How a normal user can crash any linux system

From: Fred Reimer (fwr@ga.prestige.net)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 14:08:57 EST

Yes, there are multiple threads that address this issue. Look for these
subjects:

Some questions about linux kernel
Overcommitable memory
Overcomittable memory
Avoiding OOM on overcommit
On the issue of low memory situations

Let's not start yet another thread. Read up on the above mentioned ones and
chime in an existing thread if you want...

Fred Reimer