Nearly all my kernel problems resolved. (Was: Re: Modular pas-16)

From: clubneon (clubneon@hereintown.net)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 17:36:42 EST

I just reconfigured my kernel to use the PAS-16 as a module. Everything
works great. Unloads, reloads...perfect.

To shift the topic a little bit. I had also made a post about my keyboard
locking up if I ran gpm on my PS/2 mouse port (the Tyan S1590S
motherboard). I can avoid the lockup if I have the mouse plugged in when
I power up the machine. Plugging it in and just rebooting wasn't enough.

Last...

After all the talk of the wonderful ISA-PnP stuff made me try my USR modem
in PnP mode. The isapnp driver found it, but the serial driver didn't
pick it up. Am I missing something? At work my Sound Blaster Vibra 16
just worked magicly when I configured in ISA-PnP and the sb driver.