[OT] procps/linux-util/xterm/ssh utmp problem

From: David Forrest (drf5n@mug.sys.virginia.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 17:19:08 EST

I've been having problems that I see in a couple userspace utilities: w,
and who. they seem to not be reading the utmp file properly, or perhaps
some program is corrupting it (xterm?) My specific problem is that I have
some users log in using ssh, and they do not show up using the commands w,
who, last. There also seems to be a couple corrupted entries in my
/etc/utmp file as shown by last. Has anyone experienced this or dos
anyone have any guidance for me?

Dave.

--
 Dave Forrest                                dforrest@virginia.edu