Re: [patch] free_filps locking?

From: Manfred Spraul (manfreds@colorfullife.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 13:59:06 EST

Tim Waugh wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Manfred Spraul wrote:
>
> > Do you use iBCS or any other unusual module? Perhaps a module doesn't
> > call lock_kernel().
>
> Yes, iBCS is used on this machine. Are there known problems with it?

Yes, I wrote a patch [~ march '99], but it seems that ibcs is
unmaintained. I uploaded my patch to tsx-11, but it didn't appear in the
ibcs folder.

I used the brute force approach: add lock_kernel() to the ibcs entry
points. My patch and a patched tar ball are at

        http://colorfullife.com/~manfreds/ibcs

[I never tried that patch with 2.2.12-20, but it works with 2.2.14]

--
	Manfred