Re: 2.3.47 tulip lockup

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 01:02:14 EST

Richard Henderson wrote:
> Where did the set of changes between 2.3.46 and 2.3.47 come from?
> I have a "Lite-On Communications Inc LNE100TX (rev 20)" in one of
> my alphas and the new driver wedges the machine solid.

There is a known softnet bug, that should be fixed in 2.3.48. I am not
sure if that is the problem here though. Is this alpha an SMP box?

The current Tulip driver is basically the Tulip driver from 2.2.15pre9,
converted to use the new PCI driver and DMA interfaces. Does 2.2.15pre9
tulip work ok for you under load?

There is still a lot of merge work left to do on Tulip, particularly
merging register value tweaks added in 2.3.x and Becker's latest.
Donald Becker's changes take time to integrate because they are filled
with lots of uncommented register values.

Regards,

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik              |
Building 1024            | Viva la open source!