Re: COMPILE FIXES FOR 2.3.46-2.3.47

From: Tigran Aivazian (tigran@sco.COM)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 06:58:39 EST

Hi Frank,

You said:

> Could someone tell me where I can report patches to?
> Where can I contact people concerning kernel development?

There is a file /usr/src/linux/MAINTAINERS. For example, you just changed
mtrr.c, what you could do is:

# grep -n3 -i mtrr MAINTAINERS
650-L: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
651-S: Maintained
652-
653:MTRR AND SIMILAR SUPPORT [i386]
654-P: Richard Gooch
655-M: rgooch@atnf.csiro.au
656-L: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu

which tells you that Richard Gooch <rgooch@atnf.csiro.au> is the person to
be sent patches to.

As for VFS, there is no official maintainer (I thought Al Viro does lots
of stuff in that area but he does lots of stuff in lots of areas :) so
just send a patch to Linus <torvalds@transmeta.com>

Regards,
------
Tigran A. Aivazian | http://www.sco.com
Escalations Research Group | tel: +44-(0)1923-813796
Santa Cruz Operation Ltd | http://www.ocston.org/~tigran