[2.3.4x+] Benefits of lightweight RTC driver on Alpha

From: Aaron Tiensivu (mojomofo@touchofmadness.com)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 21:10:07 EST

I'm curious about the details of why the RTC has been changed to basically
disable a majority of the RTC code.. because (and I know it is non-standard)
I set my Multia to run at 100hz, just like i386, because it is just about
the slowest Alpha you can get and runs better interactively at this hz level
compared to the default of 1024hz.

When I use the newer lightweight RTC, the hz seems to be 1024hz again (as far
as I can tell) which is undesirable..

Any details? :)