Re: Proposed SyncPPP layer modifications

From: Linux Lists (lists@cyclades.com)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 16:23:54 EST

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000, Jan Kasprzak wrote:

> Folks, I have proposed the init_spppdev() as a _helper_ function,
> nothing more. For the ethernet device, you don't have to use init_etherdev()
> if you want to allocate, name, and register the device yourself.
> The ether_setup() (and sppp_attach()) is here to help you in this case.

Ok, if the new helper function facility does not imply the breaking of the
don't see any problem then.

Please note that this is not because of laziness (not that it doesn't
exist, of course ... ;), but because the WAN protocols available in
syncppp are not the only ones in the Linux kernel. Well, I know y'all
understand my (and Madarasz's) point.

Regards,
Ivan