Re: Virtual mounts

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 14:31:25 EST

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Autofs is no good for me - I've tried it, it craps out if you try to make /mnt an autofs directory... If you use another
> one you can't 'ls' it because it'll try to mount every share at once... That's why the 2.2 kernels have supermount (which
> has its own problems, like it doesn't recognise disk change sometimes).

Please report this to the supermount maintainer, he has been very good
about fixing all the reported problems.

The only problem not fixed or worked around, AFAIK, is a
seemingly-insurmountable one related to statfs and disk polling... And
for that a mount option was created.

--
Jeff Garzik              |
Building 1024            | Viva la open source!