Re: Proposed SyncPPP layer modifications

From: Gergely Madarasz (gorgo@sztaki.hu)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 13:43:11 EST

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Paul Fulghum wrote:

> I have a suggestion for syncppp (not directly related to this topic):
>
> I have encountered some Cisco routers (3600 series IOS 12.0 and 11.3) that
> refuse to recognize Cisco HDLC packets using the
> Cisco multicast address (0xf9). They work fine with the
> unicast address (0x09). A Cisco 1600 series (IOS 11.1) router accepts
> both, but always uses the unicast for responses.

Ah... so this must be it... I've had reports from some users that our comx
cards don't work with some cisco routers... I have only a 2500 here, so I
couldn't track it down... I've told them to use ppp until it is solved...

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@sztaki.hu           gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                   HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/