Re: alpha update for 2.3.47-6

From: Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 16:42:45 EST

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000, Richard Henderson wrote:

>that was dropped earlier". But unlike x86, we have no method
>to resend, and it certainly appears that a noop would not accomplish
>what the code expects.

Such code is not a must but if you can do that you'd better do that. We
can't do that on alpha AFIK thus I had to implement it as a noop.

It seems you are missing is that I am making the infrastucture to allow
alpha to share the same irq.c of i386. I assumed it was clear to
everybody. FYI: I am not the only one who thinks this is not a bad thing
since there are explicit comments in the kernel that says it will happen
in 2.5.0. Maybe you don't agree in doing this? Otherwise it should be
clear why we _need_ asm-alpha/hw_irq.h and why hw_resend_irq has to live
there and be defined as a noop.

Andrea