Re: Periodic RTC interrupt

From: Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 12:59:10 EST

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000, Ralf Baechle wrote:

>I'd actually like to see --directisa support to be removed from hwclock or

Being pedantic going raw on the chip from userspace without kernel
iteraction can't be done without races on SMP. There should be at least a
BIG warning in hwclock docs and it shouldn't be take as per default thing
if rtc device is not available.

OTOH I know the door for the SMP race is quite small..

Andrea