Re: Eepro100 on 2.0.x and 2.2.x

From: Lawrence Manning (lawrence@aslak.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 18:01:09 EST

On Sat, 19 Feb 2000, Gregory Maxwell wrote:

> One of the problems I had with eepro100 in 2.2 where I didn't have
> problems in 2.0.x is that with 2.2 I started using IPv6 extensivly on my
> network. The multicast traffic caused by IPv6 arp and router discovery
> broke my systems with eepro100s, though I think the problem has been
> worked around in newer 2.2 kernls.

I've never looked at such advanced features in either kernel. I'd just be
happy with a driver that worked with all the eepros out there on IPv4. Do
you have any info on the various types of eepros in use and
success/failures? I'll have to make some excuses to try some cards on a
test machine soon and find it for myself. Don't have any network kit at
home... we use eepro100s pretty much exclusivly at my works and its kinda
embarasing sometimes when things dont work so well ;)

Lawrence