SparcStation5/170Mhz support in Linux kernel?

From: Graham TerMarsch (gtermars@home.com)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 12:09:34 EST

Wanted to find out if anyone here knew any status on the Sparc port of
the Linux kernel, to find out whether it'd run on an SS5-170Mhz yet.
>From digging through past archives of the linux-kernel and linux-sparc
mailing lists I've seen lots of posts from 98 and early 99 discussing
the matter, saying that the processor used in those machines (Fujitsu
TurboSparc) isn't fully supported yet. Have seen other posts, however,
suggesting that a newer kernel version may fix the problem.

If anyone has information on this I'd appreciate it if they could
post/reply a response to this msg; I've got one of these puppies here
that a customer has asked for Linux to be installed on. Have got
RH6.1-Sparc installed on it and it runs (for the most part), but has
occasion to simply drop processes or lock up whenever the machine needs
to swap. Help?

--
Graham TerMarsch