[patch] fixed mtrr support for intel P6

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 13:46:48 EST

Hi,

I attach a patch that adds the ability to set (and read) the fixed
mtrrs on an intel P6 cpu (PPro, PII, PII). The fixed mtrrs are the ones
controling the accesses to memory in the low 1MB of physical memory.
The patch is against 2.3.46, and it only changes the file
arch/i386/kernel/mtrr.c.

I tested the patch on three systems with a Celeron CPU, where it works,
and 2 with older cpus, where it has no affect (as it should). I did not
test it on a non intel cpu that has mtrrs. I also not tested it on an
SMP system.

--
Matan Ziv-Av.                         matan@svgalib.org