Re: 2.2.x Athlon support?

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 10:49:50 EST

> I suppose it's not critical, but I'd like to see Athlon support make it
> into Red Hat 6.2. Any Idea if the ability to compile with Athlon
> optimizations will be available in the 2.2.x series kernels in the near
> future?

For most applications the kernel optimisations for Athlon make little difference
For some they are currently slowing us down. I need to do some finer tuning
on the points we use this.

This is also related btw to the reasons the PIII patches are not in 2.3.x yet,
they don't speed up the kernel. The extra exception handling is needed
however