Re: Kernel developers

From: Alessandro Rubini (rubini@linux.it)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 04:19:04 EST

> Is there any news about the update to the Rubini's Linux device drivers
> book? I understood someone else is updating it but would that cover 2.2
> and/or 2.4 and when will it be published?

Jonathan Corbet (lwn.net) is working with me at updating the book. We
are centering on 2.4, with backward compatibility to 2.2 and 2.0
(although 2.0 support will be missing for some advanced stuff).
We are also going to cover more hardware platforms than x86/sparc/alpha.

I can't tell the schedule for publication (I don't even know).

/alessandro