Re: 2.2.x access to /dev/mouse or psaux occasionally locks

From: john (jstultz@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 17:57:11 EST

>Use the gpm -R parameter (ie set it up as a repeater), and tell X to use /dev/gpmdata.

Tried that, and couldn't get it to work.

Regardless, the fact that without gpm running, X occasionally locks when
it grab /dev/mouse, or sometimes while booting, gpm locks when it
initially grabs the mouse (before I get the chance to startx) seems like
there is some sort of a race. The fact that the kernel also reports no
interrupts while the lock occurs makes me suspicious that it might have
to do with the psaux driver, and thus the reason for posting to the
kernel list. If this concern is totally off base, point me elsewhere
and I'll see what I can do.

thanks
-john