Re: PPP is not SMP safe in 2.2.X, Oops / Serial Console

From: James Pattinson (jamesp@aethos.co.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 07:04:47 EST

Hi

In the past using 2.2.14 I tried to set up a serial console with a HP
Secure Web Console device. I can get this device working with a real HP
and also a Baystack switch on the console port. But I couldn't get it to
work at all when I plugged it into my /dev/ttyS0 and put
console=ttyS0,9600 on my kernel line. I just didn't get anything at all.
How much success have people had with serial consoles in general and does
anyone have experience using a web console such as mine? For those who
don't know, it's a small box about the size of a video cassett that has a
serial connection and an ethernet port. You point your web browser at it
and it opens a Java window with your console in it.

Any help would be appreciated

James