Re: [KBUILD] Re: SCSI Makefile cleanup

From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain (mec@shout.net)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 13:59:14 EST

Yes, there is a basic tension between the way I do things (lists
that I like to sort in order to remove duplicates) and the way
Linus does things (making the link order significant as of 2.3.15).

Linus wins. :)

Ultimately I would like to see the link order dependencies specified
explicitly in some way. (foo.o needs to come before bar.o et cetera),
and then have Rules.make guarantee to honor that through list
manipulation. But not in 2.4.

Michael