Re: 2.2.15pre5: still very unstable

From: Ingo Molnar (mingo@chiara.csoma.elte.hu)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 12:52:21 EST

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> >i've noticed and fixed these places long time ago in the lowlatency patch
> >series. There are a couple of other places that call uaccess.h functions
> >with ->state != RUNNING, and this was causing latency problems. (actually
> >i worked it around)
>
> You didn't worked it around IMHO. Setting the task as runnable before
> schedule() looks ok to me.

i believe it's a bug to set the task state and not call schedule
atomically within a short timeframe. (tty.c is such a case) So i think
those places which have this behavior should be fixed - and not the
functions which are called and might block should be hacked to set the
task state. I just chose the quick solution.

-- mingo