maximum size of PCI memory mapped with ioremap()?

From: Jean-Hugues Deschenes (jeanhugues.deschenes@iml-cti.com)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 18:51:16 EST

        I am currently writing a driver for a PCI device which exposes 3 memory
regions of sizes 256bytes, 16Mb and 32Mb. I am unable to access anything
beyond 11Mb in the third region; I can read data, but I know for a fact that
it is not correct. Moreover, when I try to add a second card to the system,
I cannot ioremap() any outher big region (ioremap fails altogether).

Does anyone know:

1- if there is a size limit on mapped regions?
2- if there is a limit on how many (big) regions can be mapped?
3- Are there any drivers out there that successfully remap regions that big?
4- is there a workaround?
5- any tips on debugging these kins of problems?

thank you

p.s. Could CC any answer?