Resource problem with opl3 and adlib_card

From: Thomas Leineweber (thomas@ufc.Uni-Dortmund.DE)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 09:15:57 EST

Hello,

it seems that there is a resource-problem, when I have my sound compiled
as modules. I have a SB16 and when I play some soundfiles the following
modules are loaded:

  adlib_card
  opl3
  sb
  uart401
  sound
  soundcore

When I remove the modules one after another (in this order), I get at
the module opl3 the following kernel message:

   Trying to free nonexistent resource <0388-038b>

As I have read the sources, both (adlib_card and opl3) try to free
this resource.
In 2.3.4x it is requested in adlib_card.c on line 20. On line 19 it is
forwarded to the opl3-module, where it is stored internally. When unloading,
it is twice freed: In adlib_card.c on line 35 and in opl3.c on line 1210.
opl3 tries to free it, because the resource-adress is stored internally,
but it is not known, that another module (and not opl3) has claimed this
resource.

Ok. This was the description, but I have no idea, how to fix the sources.

Greetings,
Thomas Leineweber