Re: Keyboard is frozen on boot of 2.3.41

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge (jeremy@goop.org)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 12:20:49 EST

On 01-Feb-00 Wakko Warner wrote:
> Found out something else this morning. I'm going to assume that my problem
> is different than yours. I booted single user mode to see if the system
> starting cardmgr was causing an irq to be changed (It hit me this morning,
> but I'm wrong after trying. What I thought of was since the cdrom wasn't in
> the machine it assigned irq 15 to the slot and with it it assigned 12. This
> isn't the case). While in single user, I typed gpm. Instantly the keyboard
> and mouse froze.

I find that if I log in over the net and kill gpm, I get back mouse and
keyboard. Its only locked up when the mouse device is open. If I disable gpm
altogether then it works fine (but I can't start X). It only seems to be an
issue when something else is sharing IRQ 12 with the PS/2 mouse; if I manage to
put everything else (PCMCIA, USB) on other IRQs then I have no problems with
the mouse.