File sizes / MegaRaid

From: Terry Katz (katz@advanced.org)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 21:37:18 EST

Hello .. two questions..

1- Is the MegaRaid driver in 2.3.xx (2.3.4[01]) known to be buggy? I just
brought up a Dell PowerEdge 8450 today, with a MegaRaid 467 DC 128mb card..
It works perfectly under 2.2.14, but doesn't seem be detected under
2.3.4[01] ( I have it compiled in statically, and I never see the megaraid
device scanning messages... ). We also have another machine with a 32mb
dualchannel megaraid (older model, not sure which because Dell replaces the
model with PERC 2), and it works fine under 2.3.4[01].. More on this machine
though, below..

2- We were transferring some somewhat-large log files (400meg+) from one
machine to another .. The machine we were ftp'ing to is a poweredge 6350
running 2.3.40 (w/megaraid driver).. The first transfers fine (~200meg)..
The next file is fine up until about 400meg of it is transferred, after
which everything starts to slow down.. the transfer rates dropped from 7MB/s
down to 30k/s.. when that file finished, all subsequent files transfer at
about 300k/s, and the system is less than responsive (even at the
console)... After killing the transfer the drives are still going crazy, and
it takes a few minutes before the system is responsive again ...... Has
this been brought up before, and I missed it?

Thanks,
  Terry