Broken tty, tty1 in all caps but functional

From: David Ford (david+nospam@killerlabs.com)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 17:13:33 EST

attached mail follows:

Ok, strange situation. tty1 is displaying in all caps. I have reason to
believe that the system is interpreting commands and such in lowercase as is
proper, but the screen is being displayed in all caps.

If I toggle capslock on, commands aren't recognized. gpm copies in all caps
from tty1 to ttyn.

# uname -a
Linux Huntington-Beach 2.3.33 #16 Sat Dec 18 05:31:43 PST 1999 i686 unknown

I don't normally log out this particular tty and I left it logged in when I
went to bed. Upon waking and hitting a key to resume (more issues there)
the console was logged out. I hit the up arrow for reference.

Does anyone want to look at it? Does anone have suggestions?

-d

--
Open for Y2K - Linux, we never shutdown