Re: Quiescent filesystems marked with EXT2_VALID_FS while still mounted?

From: Andreas Bombe (andreas.bombe@munich.netsurf.de)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 20:21:30 EST

On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 11:29:43AM -0800, Scott Henry wrote:
> Another one that I am trying but can't get to work is to have the
> filesystem mounted "ro,user" by default, but I can't seem to "-o
> remount,rw" (or the other way) as a user. I haven't started to track
> it down yet, but is this likely to be a mount issue or a kernel
> issue?

IIRC the user option only allows the user to mount/unmount. No change
in options or fs type. Anything else would be a potential security
hole.

--
          Andreas E. Bombe <andreas.bombe@munich.netsurf.de>
http://home.pages.de/~andreas.bombe/                DSA key 0x04880A44

The Apocalypse has been postponed - we apologize for the inconvenience.