Re: Sockets stuck in FIN_WAIT1 (2.2.14)

From: Christopher Barton (cpbarton@uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 18:11:24 EST

For what it's worth.

A simple network application of mine which runs nightly began freezing the
day I installed 2.2.14 (from 2.2.13) and stopped freezing the day I
installed 2.2.15pre3.

When I would observe this, the worker threads would be stuck in either
FIN_WAIT or CLOSE_WAIT (I don't remember which).

I never had a freeze in 2.2.13. I've never had a freeze in 15pre3. I
never had time to look into it, so I suppose it could be something else.
But the facts seem to fit.