Re: Interesting analysis of linux kernel threading by IBM

From: Davide Libenzi (davidel@maticad.it)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 11:09:25 EST

Hi Victor,

Thursday, January 20, 2000 4:14 PM
Khimenko Victor <khim@sch57.msk.ru> wrote :
> Even 8 tasks is unusual for Desktop. Usually there are 2-3 active tasks.
> On other hand Desktop usually is idle all the time anyway so 1.5% looks
> affordable for sure. And for server with LOTS of active processes (Apache,
> *SQL, etc) it can be real win.
>
> Where I can find your patch ?

I'm in office now and here I've the patch coded for 2.3.5.
Anyway this weekend I've planned to port my scheduler into 2.2.14 and 2.3.39
and to post on linux-kernel sunday evening or monday morning ( Europe
Time ).
This patch also include a semaphore patch that avoid releasing all tasks in
a wait queue
selecting the best inside wake_up().

Cheers,
    Davide.