Re: PCI in docking station

From: Jes Sorensen (Jes.Sorensen@cern.ch)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 08:11:23 EST

Martin> Hello,
>> But then when I ifconfig it the log says: Jan 20 09:02:42 localhost
>> kernel: TLAN: Cannot open eth1 because IRQ 11 is already in use.
>>
>> I have looked at the code for all of the drivers that I can see and
>> they all seem to try to open the device with IRQ shared if it is a
>> PCI device so why am I getting an "IRQ11 already in use" message?

Martin> A bug in the TLAN driver. Please try applying this patch.

Martin> err = request_irq( dev->irq, TLan_HandleInterrupt, SA_SHIRQ |
Martin> SA_INTERRUPT, TLanSignature, dev ); if ( err ) { printk(

Ehhmmm, maybe I am missing a point here, but whats the idea behind
mixing SA_SHIRQ and SA_INTERRUPT? Seems pretty broken to me.

Jes