Re: Interesting analysis of linux kernel threading by IBM

From: James A Simmons (jsimmons@acsu.buffalo.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 11:26:29 EST

> The patch is coded for 2.3.5 until 2.3.20.

I still like to see it. Post it again. I just don't want to go searching
threw the linux archives for it.

> When I speak about number of processes I speak as loaded testing processes,
> not runqueue processes.

Okay.

> Even in my test the average number of runnable is from 15 to 35.
> And remember that my patch has no optimization for CPU cache lines, etc..
> I think that supplied with that kinds of optimizations the results will be
> even better the ones I measured.

Right. I love to see the results on my machine :)

> I'm interested in the measuring system implemented by IBM coz I've not spent
> a lot of time in my testing console.
> IBM guys also have my patch from 2-3 months ago.

Cool. I seen a post about LTT. Time to take a look at it.

Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am"
James Simmons (o_
fbdev/gfx developer (o_ (o_ //\
http://www.linux-fbdev.org (/)_ (/)_ V_/_
http://linuxgfx.sourceforge.net