Re: Quiescent filesystems marked with EXT2_VALID_FS while still mounted?

From: David Woodhouse (dwmw2@infradead.org)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 12:04:13 EST

almesber@lrc.di.epfl.ch said:
> I have to admit that I find the idea rather tempting too. On the other
> hand, is there anything this would do that an automounter wouldn't ?

        - root filesystem
        - busy filesystem (think cwd, no actual access)
        - wouldn't be a pig to configure

All use of automount that I've seen so far has involved mounting the autofs
'filesystem' on a certain mountpoint (e.g. /homes) and letting automount do the
submounts for you (e.g. /homes/$USER). I'm not sure offhand if autofs can
handle just mounting a single device on a top-level mount (e.g. automounting
the whole of /opt when it's accessed)

--
dwmw2