Re: Fix struct siginfo

From: Andreas Jaeger (aj@suse.de)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 02:49:16 EST

>>>>> Jes Sorensen writes:

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Wing <wingc@engin.umich.edu> writes:
Chris> On the bright side, if we change it now, every program using
Chris> glibc will work properly on i386, there will be less overhead
Chris> in the signal code (good because real-time signals should be
Chris> FAST), and the only platform that will require recompiles is
Chris> m68k.

Jes> Which is not like a new platform.

Jes> I am overly behind on the m68k at the moment, so I am not quite sure
Jes> of the impact of this, but if you end up breaking normal signal
Jes> handling on the m68k I must admit I am going to get more than a little
Jes> pissy ;-)

Jes, I've discussed this topic with Andreas Schwab and he told me that
my patch is ok for m68k.

Please reread the discussion: struct siginfo (and not signal handling
in general!) is completly broken with glibc 2.x on m68k - on every
kernel. With my patch to the kernel I bring glibc and kernel in synch
- and remove a lot of uneccessary stuff.

Andreas

--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de