Re: PCMCIA and USB 2.3.40-6

From: Dominik Kubla (dominik.kubla@uni-mainz.de)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 23:36:12 EST

On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 07:02:11PM -0500, Wakko Warner wrote:
> These 2 have nothing in common except the kernel version. I was too lazy to
> send 2 emails <g>
>
> 1) PCMCIA
> The pcmcia modules in the kernel identify all inserted cards as anonymous
> memory.

That is pretty much useless as a bug-report. I could simply state "It does
not do this for me" (which is true). So what bridge are you using? What
architecture? Brand and type of the cards?

> 2) USB
> Is there a driver for the netgear EA-101 USB->ethernet adapter? (Or any
> ethernet adapters for that mater)

Did you bother to check www.linux-usb.org? If you had, and had accessed the
searchable email archive, you would have found that on Sat, 21 Aug 1999
Matthew Dharm <mdharm@one-eyed-alien.net> was asking for a contact at
Netgear/Baynetworks because there are no specs for this thing available on
the webpage. I am afraid "no specs" means "no driver".

        Dominik