Re: 2.2.15pre3 compile failure in qnx4 fs (with write enabled)

From: Anders Larsen (anders@alarsen.net)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 16:06:40 EST

Leos Bitto wrote:

[cut]
> The bug I was reporting is only int vs. long in .h vs .c. Alan already got
> back to me and promised fixing it in 2.2.15pre4.

Which is bad, since I'm changing the same part as well.

[cut]
> So why are you submitting it to 2.2 which is supposed to be stable?

Why, do you think, does one submit a bug-fix?

I did not (knowingly) change the (broken!) write-support - I submitted a
number of fixes to the read-support in order to at least get THAT PART
into a more stable state.

The QNX4 filesystem was so broken it should IMHO never have entered
2.2.x - since you have it enabled, you ought to know that it was pretty
unusable up till now (but as of 2.2.15pre3 you can at last READ from a
QNX fs all right)!
BTW, why do you insist on having QNX write-support enabled in your
kernel?

Anders