Re: Interesting analysis of linux kernel threading by IBM

From: Davide Libenzi (davidel@maticad.it)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 14:08:02 EST

Wednesday, January 19, 2000 10:25 PM
David Lang <dlang@diginsite.com> wrote :
> This has probably been asked before, but how difficult would it be to have
> two different schedulers available as compile time options? that way they
> system could be optimized for the expected load.

Hi David,

my patch has great performance ( 80% with 300 tasks ) with a lot of tasks
and low overhead ( 1.5% with 2 tasks ).
And my patch has 0.00 optimizations about CPU fetches and Co.
IMVHO 1-1.5 % of overhead is a price the we can afford given the performace
with many tasks.
My patch equals the current implementation with 8 tasks.

Cheers,
    Davide.

--
Debian, the freedom in freedom.