Re: [Semi-OT,important] ORBS globally blocks users of these lists

From: Matthias Andree (ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 09:36:52 EST

"Khimenko Victor" <khim@sch57.msk.ru> writes:

> In <m3iu0spigt.fsf@emma1.emma.line.org> Matthias Andree (ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de) wrote:
> > "Khimenko Victor" <khim@sch57.msk.ru> writes:
>
> >> It's not possible since ABOVE.NET choose to block ORBS. If systems @ ABOVE.NET
> >> are blacklisted it's ABOVE.NET fault, not ORBS fault.
>
> > ORBS has NO MEANS, NO RIGHT and NO JUSTIFICATION to block domains just
> > because they do not co-operate.
>
> ORBS DOES NOT AFFECT domains that are "not co-operate". ORBS just adding
> them in their database as such. And it should be done since idea to block
> ORBS and get out of blacklist that way come to mind to decent amount of
> "sysadmins" :-/

Hey, it's ORBS that demand that I DO something to keep my mail service
intact, which is the wrong approach. I haven't asked for their service,
opinion or anything, and they disrupt other people's mail service? Gee.

> It's working approach :-)

Evidently, it's not, as this above.net vs. subdomains case shows.

--
Matthias Andree

Hi! I'm the infamous .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!