Re: [Semi-OT,important] ORBS globally blocks users of these lists

From: Henrik Olsen (henrik@iaeste.dk)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 05:08:09 EST

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Khimenko Victor wrote:
> >> Then tell us how ORBS can scan those hosts to determine
> >> they're allright? Remember that above.net has blocked
> >> ORBS...
>
> > So we need to ask ORBS for permission and probe us first before we can
> > send mail? No way!
>
> It's YOUR choice. You have EXACTLY two choices:
> 1. allow ORBS to probe you then you can sent mail to me (or any other ORBS
> user like l-k ml)
> or
> 2. disallow ORBS to probe you and then you eventually can not sent mail to
> me (or any other user like l-k ml)
>
> If you do not need to send mail to l-k you are free to block ORBS (or, better
> yet just ask ORBS to not probe you: read http://www.rahul.net/dhesi/orbs.faq.txt)
> If you are not interested in communication with l-k, Cox, Rik and so on you
> can block ORBS, ignore ORBS, set up open relay on your host, whatever.
Come on, you're starting to rave here, I have absolutely no problems with
using l-k and ORBS at the same time, I have no problems with using l-k and
allowing ORBS probes at the same time, you're FUD'ing like M$ at the
moment

--
Henrik Olsen,  Dawn Solutions I/S       URL=http://www.iaeste.dk/~henrik/
  Darth Vader: Luke, come to the dark side.